23 October 2017

Santa - Prismacolour Pencil


Santa with a puppy, what could be more merry and bright? Ho, Ho, Ho!

This Christmasy card features stamp sets by Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and Prismacolour pencil on a candy background. Santa has an emergency candy cane in his pocket, too. So sweet.


Putting It Together

Last night I was looking to make a quick and easy card, but I had so many false starts and mind changes it ended up taking twice as long as I wanted. But... I won't show you all of that *laugh*


I stamped in light blue on Bristol, and...


coloured with Prismacolour pencils. I really need to get some greys.


I trimmed the image with a pierced die and dry fit it with patterned paper scraps and glittered cardstock. I decided to use the glitter cardstock for a little sparkle and snowy look.


I decided to use the Kraftin' Kimmie Octorber sketch as the inspiration for my layout.


I love this combo.


I added a sentiment on the front as a label.  I used foam mounting tape to pop up the image and the sentiment.


Inside, I decided to stamp the sentiment in red and add in a scrap of the patterned paper. I love peppermints.




Supplies

Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday: Sweet Like Candy
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas: Traditional Christmas Colours
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "While the Boss is Away": Use More than 1 Set
Creative Craft Cottage: Use a Sentiment
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra: Anything Goes



7 comments:

  1. Your prisma coloring is GORGEOUS, you did such a beautiful job. Your paper choices are perfect for this wonderful image. Someone will really enjoy receiving this beautiful work of art. Thanks for sharing your talent at Penny's Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I came over from Kit and Clowder to get a closer look at your work! You are really talented.

    I am a new follower, follow me back if you like!

    Hugs,
    Chriss
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweetness of this card is off the charts Rijacki! Love the papers you chose and of course your coloring of Santa is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for entering all of my Craftyhazelnut's challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra too.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! Love the image! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.