26 June 2017

Starshine


So many stars upon thars! Good morning, Starshine! So happy to be. You are my Starshine!


This card features Impression Obsession dies and stamps.

Supplies


Putting It Together

The current Impression Obsession challenge is "Oh My Stars", While I was making an order from their site (with the gift card won in a recent challenge *grin*), I wasn't sure if I would get the items in time to use anything for the challenge. Sadly, only two shops near me carry Impression Obsession stamps or dies and one of them is across the border. But.. I pondered my stash and realised I have a wonderful small stitched star. That started my mental gears rolling and a card design swirling. 

As I was mentally designing this card I kept hearing a bit of song lyrics in my head, a half remembered "oldies" song (linked at the end of the post). I really wish I had a "Good Morning" stamp, that would have been perfect for this card. 


 I cut a bunch of stars from various foiled and glittered cardstock. I used scraps I saved from previous projects thinking this would be a good way to use some small bits of this and that.


I dry fit the stars on an A2 panel (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") and realised I needed more stars.


I pawed through another stash of larger scraps and found more glittered and foiled to make stars.


In my scrap stash I also found a  panel I had die cut with a stitched edge that hadn't worked out for a previous project but was great for this one. I dry fit the stars on it.


To adhere them to the card, on some I used foam mounting tape to pop them up and the rest where adhered flat with tap runner. I added in some Pretty Pink Posh confetti stars for more sparkle.


For the inside, I 'altered' the "Sunshine" stamp by masking the "Sun" while inking up with VersaMark. The mask need to be removed after inking before stamping or it makes a hot mess.


I embossed the "shine" to match the sparkle and shine of the star.


 I added a gold star (the only star duplicated on the card) and "You are my" from the same stamp set. As I said above, I wish I had a "Good morning".




Challenges

Impression Obsession: Oh My Stars!
Happy Little Stampers: Anything Goes with Dies
Incy Wincy: Sparkle or Shine
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes



1 comment:

  1. Love all those stars! Super cute. Thanks so much for playing in our challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.