14 November 2016

Warm Wishes


Thanksgiving is filled with warm wishes for our family and friends.

Challenges

Can You Case It: Colours - Orange, Yellow, and Kraft
Impression Obsession: Thanksgiving Wishes
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Thanks/Thanksgiving
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Thanks/Thanksgiving
Crafting in a hotel room with limited supplies brought in luggage

Supplies


Putting It Together

We're leaving here tomorrow morning really early to return home. I was supposed to be packing up all my things today but.. this idea popped up in my head when I saw the FaceBook reminder for Can You Case It. So, umm.. I didn't make much of a mess and I have been keeping my supplies mostly packed as I create in this oh so small space in the hotel and I don't have a lot of stuff with me, too. This is the last card I can create while in Missouri on this trip.


I started with a scrap of watercolour cardstock and 6 colours of Distress Ink minis smushed on to my plastic work sheet.


I liberally sprayed the ink with the mini Mister.


I laid the watercolour card stock in the wet ink and pressed it into the ink. When I picked it up, I dabbed the few uncoloured areas into the ink left on the work surface. Then I sprinkled on some copper Perfect Pearls and brushed it in to give some random bits of coppery sparkle.


Since I don't have a heat tool with me, I used the heat of my laptop's power adapter to dry the panel. I'm starting to think that might be a good thing to do at home, too, though the laptop in my workshop is smaller and thus doesn't have as big an adapter. But it is handy for a non-blowing warm spot.


Using the Misti, I stamped a leaf with Carved Pumpkin directly on the kraft card base.


I brushed on bronze Perfect Pearls and burnished it in with a Swiffer cloth. This also wiped away the excess from around the leaf. I like the subtle shine of Perfect Pearls that shows sparkly turned to catch the light.


I masked the first leaf with a Post-It mask I made for a different project and stamped a second leaf in Fossilized Amber and Mustard Seed. To the second leaf I added gold Perfect Pearls. I masked the second leaf and stamped a third in Dried Marigold which I burnished with pearl Perfect Pearls.


I stamped the yellow and orange panel with copper "Wishes" and Potter's Clay "Warm. Then I ran the edge along the gold ink pad to give it a finishing touch.


I attached the sentiment panel with foam mounting tape for a little dimension.


Inside the card I stamped a swirl with Mustard Seed and another sentiment with Potter's Clay.



5 comments:

  1. Warm and lovely card. Thanks for the tutorial. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Thanksgiving Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Autumn card!!! I never would have thought to use my laptop power adapter! Good thinking! Thanks for playing along with CYCI! ~ Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! I love how you adapted and used a power adapter!! Very clever!! Thanks for playing with us at CYCI? this week. Char

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! :) Fabulous sentiment! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, the leaves are wonderful. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.